Southside Middle School
TALLASSEE CITY SCHOOLS
Title I Instructional Assistant
Qualifications:Must have 2 years of college or associate's degree or higher or pass the Work Keys by
2005-2006 school year for previously hired IAs. New hires must have this at the
beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Provide supervision of students as they arrive at school (under direct supervision of building principal
and/or assistant principal.
2. Provide one-on-one tutoring for eligible students during non-instructional time.
3. Assist with classroom management, such as organizing instructional and other materials.
4. Provide assistance in a computer lab.
5. Provide instructional services to students under the direct supervision of a teacher.
6. Maintain accurate profiles on each student served noting progress.
7. Send quarterly progress reports to parents.
8. Conduct inventory of Title I materials at the end of each school year.
9. Participate in Parent Involvement Meetings/Activities.
10. Attend appropriate professional development activities.
11. Report to building principal and Federal Programs Coordinator.
12. Performs such other tasks as assigned by the principal or the coordinator.
? Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
? Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
? Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
? A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
? Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
? Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
? Ability to speak, read, and write English.
? Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by both the Alabama State Department of Education and Tallassee City Schools
? Communicate effectively with the public, staff members, students, parents, administrators, and other contact persons using tact and good judgment
? Follow attendance, punctuality, and proper dress rules
? Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters
? Model and maintain high ethical standards
? Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities
? Maintain expertise in assigned area to fulfill project goals and objectives
? Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignment
? Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
? Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member
? Demonstrate support for the school system and its goals and priorities
? Demonstrate initiative in identifying potential problems or opportunities for improvement
? Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records
? Ability to understand both written and oral instructions and solve problems