MEAL CHARGES POLICY
- Parents are responsible for reimbursing the school for charged meals.
- Students, grades Pk-8, who have lost or forgotten meal money may with permission authorized from the principal or his/her designee, charge a meal.
- No adult meals or a la carte items will be charged.
- No student a la carte items will be charged.
- No meals will be charged to grades 9-12 students unless classified by the District's special education representative as a child with a disability.
- Pay at school - cash or check daily
- Pre-pay at school - cash or check
- Pre-pay for meals using on-line payment system
SCHOOL PROCEDURES FOR UNPAID MEAL CHARGES
- Principals and bookkeepers will be informed weekly of the outstanding charges.
- Negative balance letters will be sent home weekly beginning as soon as the student's account becomes delinquent. Follow up telephone calls will also be made to parents, if necessary.
Unpaid meal charges are considered delinquent debt. Schools will undertake all reasonable efforts to work with parents/guardians to collect unpaid meal charges.