YOU MUST SUBMIT A NEW DIET PRESCRIPTION FORM FOR YOUR CHILD EACH SCHOOL YEAR.
Special dietary needs will not be accommodated without a completed diet prescription form.
Children with Disabilities Requiring Special Meals
A person with a disability is one with a physical impairment or mental impairment that limits one or more major activities. Whenever a child is unable to eat or drink one or more of the required meal components, parents or guardians must submit to us a medical statement signed by a licensed physician.
A medical statement must identify the following:
- The disability and an explanation of why the disability restricts the child's diet.
- The major life activity affected by the disability.
- The food or choice foods that must be omitted or substituted.
- The physician's signature and contact information, should there be any questions.
Children with Special Dietary Needs
For participants with food allergies and food intolerances, we will make substitutions when supported by a statement signed by a recognized medical authority.
For non-disabled participants the supporting statement shall include:
- An identification of the medical or other special dietary needs which restrict the child's diet.
- The food or foods to be omitted from the participant's diet and the food or choice foods that may be substituted.
Send completed Medical Statements to your local School Nurse. Menus that meet the child's dietary prescription and/or texture modification will be developed.